Advertisement

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fil-Am Brandon Vera defends ONE Heavyweight World Championship belt against Japanese MMA fighter Hideki Sekine on December 2



Press Release

The largest sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship, held a press launch at the Vikings Mall of Asia on Tuesday, November 29.  MMA athletes in attendance included ONE Heavyweight World Champion, Brandon "The Truth" Vera, ONE Bantamweight World Champion Bibiano "The Flash" Fernandes, and world title challenger Reece "Lightning" McLaren, as well as Filipino fighters Danny Kingad and Eugene Toquero.

The fighters are set to compete at ONE: AGE OF DOMINATION slated on Friday, December 2 at the Mall of Asia Arena in Manila. Headlining the massive fight card is Brandon Vera, who will defend his ONE Heavyweight World Championship belt against Japanese MMA standout Hideki Sekine.

"I'm ready to fight and defend my title.  I'm excited to step back inside the OBE Championship cage.  I love the Philippines... this is my home. I'm here to help all of our Filipino fighters.  I'm going to make sure I won't be the last Filipino heavyweight world champion," reveals Vera.

Bibiano Fernandes, ONE Bantamweight World Champion said, "I've competed all across the globe against the world's best fighters, but feel I am still constantly improving.  As long as I continue to improve and take on the biggest challenges, I am happy Reece McLaren is the latest challenge, and I am ready to face him,"

In response to Fernandes, challenger Reece McLaren said, "I've been an underdog my entire life.  I excel in this position, and it invigorates me.  Bibiano is a big hill to climb, but my skills and achievements have brought me to this stage in my career and I am going to do everything I can to take home the belt."

For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com follow on Twitter and Instagram @ ONEChampionship and like on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship